- 1 lb. dry cottage cheese
- 1 small package cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbs. sugar
- Raisins (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water, soda water or milk
- 2 eggs
- Prepare filling: combine cheeses, sugar, and egg. Add cinnamon and raisins.
- Prepare batter: Combine flour, water and salt. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Spoon a little batter into a heated, greased 7-inch frying pan (crepe-size) – make sure the batter is spread evenly and coats the pan.
- Cook on one side only then turn onto a towel.
- Place about 1 1/2 tbs. filling on each pancake, roll up, tucking in ends.
- Bake for 10 minutes at medium heat.
- 8 oz. broad noodles
- 1 cup pot cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- Cook noodles as directed on the package; drain well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and half of the melted margarine.
- Place in a greased casserole and pour over the remaining melted margarine.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees (F) for 1 hour.
Cheese Phyllo Squares
- 1 package phyllo
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 lb. cottage cheese (small curd)
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix 4 eggs with cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and salt and set aside.
- Spray 13 x 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray or lightly oil
- Create the bottom layer by placing individual sheets of phyllo down (fold if necessary) and brushing each with oil and sprinkling a small amount of parmesan cheese. Use half the available sheets (about 15).
- Set aside the remaining phyllo sheets, making sure to keep them from drying (cover with a damp towel).
- Spread the egg and cheese mixture evenly over the bottom layer of phyllo.
- Build the top layer the same as with the bottom layer - brush each with oil and sprinkle parmesan cheese.
- Brush the top two layers with extra oil and then with the remaining beaten egg.
- At this point, you may cut lengthwise before baking (3 or 4 rows, per your preference).
- Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 45 minutes. The top should be golden brown when done.
- Cut into squares and serve!
Frittata with Ricotta Salata, Green Onions and Parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 6 ounces ricotta salata or feta cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch-diameter broilerproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool.Add eggs, cheese, parsley, milk, salt and pepper to onions and whisk until blended.
Preheat broiler. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture. Tilt and swirl pan to distribute evenly. Using rubber spatula, lift up edges of cooked egg to allow uncooked portion to flow under; cook until beginning to set. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until frittata is almost set, about 8 minutes. Transfer skillet to broiler; broil until frittata is set and top just begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Slide frittata onto plate. Cut into wedges. Serve Warm or at room temperature.